If there’s one thing writers really need, it’s community with other artists. I have this amazing friend, Emily, who shares my love of writing. We belong to the same writer’s group and have fun drinking tea and/or wine over topics involving creativity, editing, publishing, and the like. She writes a hilarious blog and recently nominated me for a Liebster award. Thanks Emily, for your encouragement and for being someone with whom I can share writing joys and frustrations and engage in super-nerdy conversations.
As part of my acceptance of the Liebster, I had to answer the following 11 questions from Emily:
1. Did you ever want to change your name when you were little? If so, to what?
Not really. I used to wish that I had one of those “popular” names (as a child, this meant names that were trendy for kids in the 80s), such as Stacy, Michelle, Jenny, Julie or Sarah. But now I love my name, for both its uniqueness and meaning! There’s a very interesting story behind my name, but it’s long enough to be a post of its own. For those who haven’t heard it, maybe I’ll write it out as a post next year on my birthday!
2. What is the household chore you most love and why? Are you ashamed you love a household chore? If it’s ironing, will you come do it for me?
Love? “Chore” and “love”….aren’t those antonyms? I don’t mind unloading the dishwasher, but that’s about it in the chore romance department! And I, like Emily, dislike ironing, so if there’s someone who loves it out there, come on over!
3. Dogs or cats?
Dogs! I actually have an inexplicable fear of cats (and birds)!
4. If you could be famous, what would it be for?
Writing a book that adds beauty to the world.
5. Favorite inspiring quote?
“You can do no great things; only small things with great love.” Mother Theresa
6. Why did you start your blog? Has the blogging experience been what you thought it would be?
My twin sister had the idea to start a blog together that would reach out to those affected by RP. Blogging has been so much more rewarding than I had imagined. It has connected me with beautiful individuals, and it has put me in the regular practice of writing again.
7. What is your favorite word?
Glockenspiel I just love to say it.
8. What is your least favorite word?
Wolf. Both Jenelle and I somehow missed the memo on how to pronounce this word correctly and have therefore always said, “woof”, which has caused our husbands to ruthlessly make fun of us.
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Good music, nature, close relationships, and compelling reads.
10. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Doing my bills, filling out paperwork, draining people, and comparing myself with others. Oh, and Phil Collins.
11. What sound or noise do you love?
My children giggling, my 3-year-old’s little voice, my husband’s music, and the sound of my fan as I drift off to sleep at night.
[Since I stole the following questions from James Lipton’s list, I went over 11 questions. Sorry for this unfairness. Life isn’t fair, ask my children.]
12. What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of children whining, screaming, crying, or any variation of the above. Oh, and Phil Collins.