Are you a woman with vision loss? If yes, we invite you to join us September 20-23 in Park City, Utah for a unique retreat experience. We attended retreats in 2016 and 2017, and loved connecting with our tribe. This year, Jenelle is thrilled to be part of planning and facilitating the 2018 retreat.
WHY ATTEND A RETREAT SPECIFICALLY FOR WOMEN WHO ARE BLIND OR EXPERIENCING VISION LOSS?
- Thoughtful, research-based processes will lead us through identifying where we want to show up in our life and what is holding us back. We will spend time exploring courage, vulnerability, shame, and worthiness. Mindfulness, Self-compassion and other tools.
- Activities. We will be hiking, challenging ourselves in a ropes course, horseback riding, biking, and plenty of time to enjoy the beauty in Park City at the beautiful National Ability Center.
- Connection. Retreats bring together women facing challenges of living with vision loss while balancing the demands of family, friends, work and community. At the retreat, blindness becomes a common trait so participants can put away emotional armor and connect with peers without having to explain or educate on blindness.
- Support. Share struggles and changes in your life with the group without judgment. Build friendship and extend support to other women along this emotional, mental, and even physical journey.
- Professional facilitators. Becky Andrews, LCMHC, who is blind from Retinitis Pigmentosa, Lisa Bradford, LCSW are engaging and experienced therapists who will lead you through tough discussions and activities with compassion. You can find more information about them at: www.resilientsolutionsinc.com. We are thrilled to have Jenelle Landgraf, MSW student and co-author of doublevisionblog.com, who also has Retinitis Pigmentosa joining us as one of our facilitators. She will also be leading us in yoga each morning.
- Quality amenities at the National Ability Center. Delicious food, comfortable lodging, and reliable transportation are part of the program. You can learn more at www.nac.com
- Life-changing experiences. The time spent at the retreat creates a lasting impact that will stay with you as you move forward in your life with family, friends, work and community.
CONTACT BECKY ANDREWS, BECKY.LPC@GMAIL.COM FOR DETAILS ABOUT OUR 2018 RETREAT OR TO DISCUSS HOSTING A RETREAT IN YOUR AREA
2018 Retreat will be September 20-23, 2018 at the National Ability Center in Park City, Utah. The cost for the retreat is $595 (sharing a room) and $695 (single) and includes activities listed above, lodging, meals and transportation to and from the SLC Airport! ($300 Deposit due with remaining balance of $295 or $395 on September 1st.)
Open up to the stories we tell ourselves and gain an empowered outlook with the connections and activities at the National Ability Center. Connect with other men and women living with blindness without judgment. Discover valuable tools to deal with loss and uncertainty, and develop shame resistance. Choose authenticity and write the ending to your story.